Being aware of how your mouth feels and looks can assist us in helping you stay healthier sooner. Understanding the PAST help us treat you comprehensively in the PRESENT!
Early diagnosis may lead to the prevention of severe diseases such as heart attacks, stroke, lung disease, vision loss, loss of toes, sinusitis, diabetes, memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease, and even cancer.
The mouth changes every day of your life. The following movements can cause your mouth to feel different: gum tissues swell, shrink and move, bone cells move, blood vessels change and your teeth can move.
Most changes are temporary; however, changes three days or longer may indicate a more significant underlying problem.
HELPFUL INFO FOR YOUR DENTAL HEALTH HISTORY
In providing your dental health history, sharing info such as the following are key to diagnostic and treatment success:
- Pain anywhere in and around the mouth, eyes, ears, nose, lips and neck
- Bleeding gums while brushing or flossing for longer than 3 days
- Gum color changes from pink to purple, red, gray, yellow, blue, brown or black
- Even feeling bite suddenly
- Gap formation between teeth
- Food getting stuck between teeth
- Vertical crack line on natural teeth or ceramic teeth
- Cracks lines in dentures
- Bite guard wears into a hole
- Lost bite guard
- A feeling of numbness
- Burning sensation
- Tongue color changes from pink to red, white, blue or purple.
- Excessive staining of teeth
- Nose discomfort
- Sinus discomfort
- Heartburn (reflux)
- Painful stomach
- Cold sensitivity
- Hot sensitivity
- Bite sensitivity
- Sweet / sour sensitivity
- Tooth pain
- Gum pain
- Bone pain
- Lip pain
- Throat pain
- Difficulty opening / closing
- Difficulty chewing food
- Clenching or squeezing teeth together frequently
- Grinding or sliding teeth around frequently
- Lip biting
- Cheek biting
- Gum disease
- Cracks in teeth
- Broken dental work
- Missing dental work
- Floss gets shredded
- Any other pain in the head or neck area
- Frequent noticeable bite changes
- Bad taste in your mouth
- Loose teeth
- Missing teeth
- Jaw joint clicking or grinding sounds
- Frequent sores in the mouth?
If you have dental health questions and need help, feel free check us out here. There is hope. There is help. With kindness. With love.
If you have any questions feel free to drop me a note or make a reservation at: http://www.dentalimplants.us/contact or call me at 301.761.4840
~ Dr. Joe Kravitz, DDS, MS
Dentist, Author, Researcher, Coach