Dr. Joseph Kravitz from Rockville, Maryland, has discovered the Top 20 most successful habits a patient can develop to improve chances of smile success.
What You Can Do to Help
Early detection and treatment has been shown to require minimal adjustments or treatment. Being aware of how your mouth feels and looks can assist us in helping you stay healthier sooner.
The mouth changes every day of your life. Gum tissues swell, shrink and move. Bone cells move. Teeth move. Blood vessels change. These movements can cause your mouth to feel different. Most changes are temporary; however, changes beyond 3 days may indicate a deeper underlying problem.
Other changes to make an appointment for a check-up would be:
1. Pain anywhere in and around the mouth, eyes, ears, nose, lips and neck
3. Bleeding gums for longer than 3 days
4. Gum color changes from pink to purple, red, gray, yellow, blue, brown or black
5. Uneven feeling bite suddenly
6. Gap formation between teeth
7. Food getting stuck between teeth
8. Vertical crack line on natural teeth or ceramic teeth
9. Cracks lines in dentures
10. Bite guard wears into a hole
11. Lost bite guard
12. A feeling of numbness
13. Burning sensation
14. Tongue color changes from pink to red, white, blue or purple.
15. Excessive staining of teeth
16. Nose discomfort
17. Sinus discomfort
18. Heartburn (reflux)
19. Painful stomach
20. Any other question about mouth and body changes not listed above. No question is a bad question.
Early diagnosis may lead to the prevention of severe systemic diseases such as heart attacks, stroke, lung disease, vision loss, loss of toes, sinusitis, diabetes, memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease, and even cancer.
If you have mouth and body questions, and need help, feel free check us out here.
There is hope. There is help. With kindness. With love.
If you have any questions feel free to drop me a note or make a reservation at:
or call me at 301.761.4840
~ Dr. Joe Kravitz, DDS, MS
Dentist, Author, Researcher, Coach