Did you know that there are over 2,300 species of bacteria in the mouth that contribute to gum disease growing at the rate of 20 billion per hour? Wow! The bacteria secrete a chemical called endotoxin – that destroys the mouth.
Gum disease, also called Periodontal Disease, is the destruction of gum tissues and bone around teeth. Chronic inflammation exhibits red gums, swollen gums, painful gums, bleeding gums, and the inability to chew in the area.
What You Should Know about Periodontal Disease
Periodontal disease can cause massive bone loss, teeth to shift, gums to shrink, open gaps between teeth, crooked teeth, loose teeth, pain, speech problems, mouth infections, and tooth loss.
Why is Periodontal Disease Dangerous to Your Body?
The harmful endotoxin travels throughout the human body and causes it to reject certain body parts and causes disease such as…
- 75% increased chance of heart attack
- 63% increased chance of pancreatic cancer
- 50% increased chance of stroke
- Causes diabetes
- Causes respiratory diseases that affect breathing
- Causes beginning stages of Alzheimer’s disease and memory loss
- Causes loss of vision, toes, sinus problems, and feeling exhausted
What can be done to Treat Gum Disease?
- Implement the home care instructions written by Dr. Joe Kravitz.
- Receive detailed cleanings with Shirley, a registered dental hygienist.
- Receive sound-wave surgery with Dr. Kravitz to remove the harmful bacteria deep in the gums and allow for proper health.
If you are missing teeth, studies have shown that you are at increased risk for heart attacks and strokes. You may want to consider the 3 Minute Implant™ to replace missing teeth. Dental implants can help you support a fixed set of teeth to improve your health, chewing, speaking and quality of life.
If you have dental health questions and need help, feel free check us out here. There is hope. There is help. With kindness. With love.
If you have any questions feel free to drop me a note or make a reservation at: http://www.dentalimplants.us/contact or call me at 301.761.4840