You are most likely reading this because you, a spouse, a child, a parent , a grandparent, a neighbor or a friend is suffering from a dry mouth, dry eyes, etc. We are focusing our attention here on the mouth.
Sjögren’s Syndrome is a group of symptoms that causes the body to reduce or stop moisture secretions in the mouth, eyes and vagina. In the mouth, the salivary glands slow down or turn off, thereby resulting in a dry mouth.
Here are 3 dental tips for Sjögren’s sufferers:
1. Choose a dentist that is familiar with Sjögren’s Syndrome.
- How many patients have they successfully treated with Sjögren’s Syndrome?
- How does the dental office and staff make your visit more comfortable?
- What methods does the dentist and dental hygienist employ to help mouth pain?
- Avoid removable uncomfortable dentures. It’s like wearing sandpaper.
- Consider dental implants as a viable choice, for dental implants cannot get cavities.
2. Review your list of supplements and medications for the cause of xerostomia (dry mouth).
“Thousands of medications can cause the symptoms of dry mouth.” says Dr. Joseph Kravitz, DDS, MS, Rockville, Maryland dentist. Seek healthy alternatives to alleviate your mouth suffering and dental problems such as cavities, sore gums, mouth infections, cracked teeth, missing teeth, tooth loss, difficulty chewing, difficulty swallowing, digestions and nutrition problems.
3. If you are suffering with cavities, failed crowns, failed bridges – DO NOT REPLACE THEM.
Consider safe dental implants, for they are not prone to getting painful of diseased cavities. Dental implants alleviate suffering, uncomfortable pain and irritating gums. Dental implants take the pressure off the gums, allowing gum tissues to heal. I developed a special set of techniques just for people suffering with Sjögren’s Syndrome. It’s called 3 Minute Implant – here’s an intro video on how it works. I have published many articles on this and other useful topics at dentalimplants.us.
If you have dental health questions and need help, feel free check us out here. There is hope. There is help. With kindness. With love.
If you have any questions feel free to drop me a note or make a reservation at: http://www.dentalimplants.us/contact or call me at 301.761.4840